Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Beautiful Dancer

There once was a little girl, who wanted to be a beautiful dancer. It was almost all she thought about, all she cared to do with her free time. As she grew the dream continued on... She spend hours at the studio, took every dance class possible through school, and even stretched while watching TV. There was nothing more the girl wanted than to dance for the rest of her life. But, at some point that little girl lost sight of that dream for a moment... and that moment changed her path forever. She found herself away from the world of dance and she became a little lost. A part of her was gone, and she would feel a little emptiness there forever. It would never be filled again. But, other things came into her heart and though it did not fill that spot... it crowded it to a small corner where the girl was able to forget about the emptiness most of the time. The girl was happy. The new things in her life made her feel whole and needed and loved. It even became easier to think about the dream of being a dancer and it didn't hurt anymore. The emptiness inside became sort of a momento of the girl that used to be; of the dreamer. The girl was proud of that memory. And at last the old girl and the new girl came together as one and everything felt right.

That little girl was me.

So you can imagine my utter joy at taking my little girl to her very first dance class. Words cannot express. Even going to try on and buy her first pair of ballet shoes was magical for me!

True to my little girl though, on the way to class she decided to rip her hair out and mess it up. I can laugh about it now but on that day, I thought I would cry! So after jimmy rigging her hair out of her eyes without a clip or elastic, I was able to return to that joy and watch her in her first class.

She had a great time and the teacher was wonderful! I don't know if she is going to dream of being a dancer, but I am okay that. I just want her to be happy and do what gives her the most joy. But for now I will continue to take her to dance and experience the butterflies of excitement as I watch her!

4 comments:

kecia said...

what a doll!!!

Krista said...

LOVE.

Cindy said...

So cute! What a precious time.

donaldquackers said...

Have a little time this morning so I'm catching up on your blog. After reading now I'm just a mess. Hope you are having a great day.

Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits from my friends

Blog Archive