Saturday, February 12, 2011

Passionate!

Do you have children? Hug them tight, tell them you love them. and...

Be grateful that God's plan was to put them in your family, instead of a family that didn't want them.

I will not stop fighting, I will not stop advocating, I will not turn my back because it is easier!

Over the past year I have felt this strong pull. There is something needed of me in the Down Syndrome Community.

*Whether it is to help raise money for families to adopt or whether it is to adopt myself.
*Whether it is to raise awareness to decrease the 90% abortion rate or to increase love and acceptance of people living with Down Syndrome.
*Whether it is to be a face in my local community, to increase quality of life for families and children with DS or whether it is to spread my love and knowledge past my community.

I don't yet know what I'm wanted for, maybe a little of all of these things... But I will not stop searching and doing what I can. I will volunteer in my community, I will donate money, I will be a voice for others and I will spread awareness!

A few years ago one woman had that same pull. So she created Reece's Rainbow. Because of her... in the last 5 years 400+ children with Down Syndrome have been adopted out of orphanages! She is just one woman, a mother, filled with love and a desire to do more!

All children deserve a loving home! and yes, your small donation DOES make a difference!!!

Do something HERE!!

1 comment:

kecia said...

we couldn't ask for a better friend/advocate than you! love ya!
Kecia

Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits from my friends

Blog Archive