Every so often, all the stress of being a mother, comes to a head. Then I have a crying fit... usually expressed to my friend Christy but today it landed on my mom. I apologize mom if I freak you out with my "worry" Problems... but you help me see the light so well!
So here is the purpose of today's Down Syndrome Awareness Post.
Macy having Down Syndrome is NOT on my list of worries.
Yes I get consumed in her slow progress and such, but the fact that she has Down Syndrome is literally no big deal to me.
I have a close friend who's son was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) at 1 1/2 yrs old. This was before I had Macy. At the time I told her that there are so many WORSE things that can happen to your child. I think I actually said, "Would you rather your child have a disability or end up addicted to drugs?" After having my own child with special needs, I feel the same way! Your child is your child... no matter what body Heavenly Father placed them in.
What matters is,
How are you going to deal with it?
What are you going to learn from it?
and how are you going to become better from it?
All my kids are special, they are all equal, they each have their own challenges.
And I can meet those challenges head on!!!
1 comment:
Great post! You have a beautiful family! I am so glad you left a comment on our blog. I am excited to follow you on your journey. I'll be back tomorrow!
Post a Comment