Many people say to me... "Well, she will probably be a high functioning person with Down Syndrome."
What determines a persons ability, expecially if they start out life with special circumstances?
Same as with everyone else... Health, Education, Opportunities, Love, Support, Attention etc...
"Quality educational programs, a stimulating home environment, good health care, and positive support from family, friends and the community enable people with Down syndrome to develop their full potential and lead fulfilling lives" -NDSS
That is why at 8 months old... Macy has so many doctors appts, therapy sessions, swim class, and school.
So here was some of today's Stimulation! A walk with Kyla.
4 comments:
high functioning...that is an interesting comment...I am never sure if I should say thank you...or be offended..our kiddos are perfect and smart...they have an extra chromosome...simply put..love the pix tooo cUte...smiles
I have used those terms to describe Beth and others I know with Ds. I find it interesting though when those without children with Ds use them. I wonder if it makes them feel important, like they're trying to show us they have some knowledge of the world of special needs.
I wonder what it's like to be on the outside of OUR world, looking in. :)
I am on the outside looking in, and such a simple post brought me to tears. I am constantly amazed that our Father in Heaven knew just what family need Macy or others. There really is a great plan that we get to be part of.
A family walk is the best stimulation out there! Cute pictures!
Post a Comment