I had a patient die on my shift tonight.
He was old. But I don't think that necessarily makes it easier. I had a feeling it was coming, but hoped it wouldn't happen on my shift. His son and daughter sat at the bedside, and I kept my intrusions to a minimum because I am a softy for that sorta thing. (and it is somewhat unprofessional for your nurse to cry.)
His family sat at his bedside and wept for 4 hours after he passed. We are safe to say I had a long shift. But, I am glad they got their time and left when they were ready.
On a similar note...
I have been interested lately in learning about my own family tree. It is fun to learn that the names on paper are actually so much more! I called my mom a few times last night, at one point asking about clarification on my great-great grandmothers maiden name. But what I got was my mom saying, "Oh, that was my grandma green. I just loved her. She was so funny! She would always unwrap her Christmas gifts when no one was looking and peek at what they were." I told her she must write these memories down. It is so fun to learn about who these people were!
I have always felt so special to be a direct descendant of the Prophet Brigham Young. It goes like this...
Me - My dad Gary Keller - My grandma Helen Young Keller - My great-grandpa Dale Young - My great-great -grandpa Hyrum Young - My great-great-great grandpa - Brigham Young.
But, the thing that is just dawning on me is, he probably has thousands of living descendants. But, knowing he was such a great man and Prophet, it does make me want to make him proud. So that is a good thing.
So what am I getting at with all these thoughts?
I don't want my family, my kids etc.., to just be a name on a family tree someday. I want people to see who we were, what we liked and disliked. I want there to be fun stories about us and memories. So I guess that is why I blog. To document my life, but also to give people a glimpse of who I am.
I Do Now
1 week ago
1 comment:
thats why I blog!!!!!! :-)
Post a Comment