Monday, January 3, 2011

The Chase

I've been thinking for a few months now about the goals that are attainable and the goals that are impossible.


I'm sure you have all heard of the dog that likes to chase his tail. Endlessly. Never to catch it... always to chase.


Well, sometimes I think it is good for us to realize that sometimes we need to let the chase go! Sometimes what we want is impossible. It doesn't exist.


Take this quote for instance... "The grass is greener on the other side." Well, let me tell ya, I really don't think it is!


And for another instance... That perfect person, who you think has it all together... doesn't. It is a total facade! I know this because many people this year have told me that they think I have it all together... haha, if you only knew me. Seriously... just ask her, or her, or her!

So I've been really trying to be "authentic" or to learn what that even means for me. I'd like to find out who I am right now. I know who I was in the past, I know I am not that person anymore. Parts of me are, but I've grown, changed and hopefully improved. I know who I want to be in the future, or better yet, I know how I want to feel about myself and my life. Now it's just a matter of figuring out who I am now. Aside from being a mother and a wife-FIRST and MOST IMPORTANTLY! But, I truly believe that loving yourself and being true to yourself makes you better at being both of those!

I heard a phrase the other day... I'm going to change it slightly... than try it on for a while and see if it works for me! It goes like this.

"Don't change yourself to fit the life, change the life to fit YOU!"

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing Kathy:) I really do agree with the last quote- we are all unique and need different things. We certainly don't all fit into the same mold, which is why I think we get frustrated when we try to.
Enjoy the journey you're on and always remember that you are not 'becoming' anyone but instead coming to realize and accept who you've always been.
Hugs.

Worthy Family said...

Thank you for saying it.....I've been thinking the same things myself. You are an amazing woman!! You have a lot of strength. It is hard trying to find who we are, when the world is telling us who we SHOULD be.... I have chosen to not listen to the world, but look within myself.

Cindy said...

This is really good. I've heard other versions of 'the grass is always greener'.

The grass may be greener, but it still has to be mowed!

Holly said...

What a good reminder of the importance of making our goals realistic.

Dorienne said...

You have such an inspiring attitude. Thanks.

Susie said...

like the quote and your thoughts. I will not be caught chasing myself this year

Emily said...

Love the quote... LOVE the dance music that got me smiling too! Happy New Year to you my dear!

Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits from my friends

Blog Archive