Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Zoo...School and Thoughts!

There's nothin like a day at the Zoo with a few friends. It was nice to get out for a while and enjoy the weather! We bought season passes! YEAH!! Mostly because I can't justify spending the money for a day pass when we may only last 2 hours! Anyone wanna go?
Can you see the little bug just snoozin' away!

Bella just couldn"t resist the urge to touch the water! (Her mom grabbed her before she fell in!) I took Macy to Tommy's class today for a little "show and tell." Though I would have liked to discuss Down Syndrome with his class, I wasn't sure how to explain it and if they would understand. So, I just talked about her surgery and they measured her and asked lots of questions. Tommy felt so special getting to show off his new little sister!
If you haven't seen this blog, you should go look at it. I was told about it a few days after I had Macy. I feel a closeness to her and wish I could express my thoughts as well as she can! She actually had her baby a week before I had mine, she was also the first to notice the Down Syndrome, just like I was. She also has a young daughter just like I do. I love her blog, her photography and her humor! She often says she tries to "suck every bit of joy out of life!"

Well, my sister-in-law told me yesterday that she feels like I am a lot like her in the way that I also try to suck as much joy out of life as possible. This has got to be one of the BEST compliments I have ever recieved! I do feel like I try to do just that and I am glad that at least one person has noticed!

5 comments:

Kristy Tanner said...

Hey Kathy,
We are big zoo lovers too! We would love to go!!

Carla McDaniel said...

Kathy...you look gorgeous in those pics snugglin' little Macy!!
We love the zoo too. We too like to get the passes because sometimes it's just hard to fit it all in in just one day :)
btw-your headband...so awesome. love it!

Kira said...

ummmm ... you know that I would go to the zoo anytime!!!!!! We love it!! Cute headband ;-)

Kira said...

just went on kellehampton.com and LOVED it!! Did you notice that they are Gators???

Ang said...

Kathy you look fantastic!!! SO SO gorgeous! I love your little family and your love for life!

Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits from my friends

Blog Archive