Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How do I love thee?

Let me count the ways...


A year in pictures...







Tommy and I have always had a very special "mother-son" bond! He was with me through the divorce and some days the only reason why I could smile! He has an amazingly sweet spirit! He is a great son and a fabulous brother! He can't go a day without kissing his sisters!! Tommy is also such a happy and friendly boy! He is resilient, brave and Caring!!

A few days after Tommy turned 5 years old, he started flying to Texas alone to go visit his dad. I was a mess before that flight! I got special permission from security at the airport to go past immigration so I could sit at the gate to wait for his flight. (This had NEVER been aloud before, good thing I knew the head of security!) Well, when it was finally time for him to board his plane, I was a mess! You know those sob attacks that come on where you can't control the snot coming out of your nose or catch your breath! The kind where everyone around you thinks someone MUST have died! That was me! Well, in true Tommy fashion, he kissed and hugged me, said, "don't cry mom, I'll be back!", than trotted off to get on the plane. The flight attendent quickly returned to me to tell me he was okay. She said, "He is going to do great! He walked right on the plane, straight up to the captain, opened his backpack and showed him his brand new spiderman underwear!"

That is Tommy for ya, he doesn't let much get to him! I love him dearly and could NEVER see my life without him!

Happy 8th Birthday Buddy!!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Tommy is such a sweet, caring little boy... I love that Carter is able to have such a good friend! Happy Birthday Tommy!!!

kecia said...

he seems like such a great boy! I love his eyes!

Dorienne said...

WOW! He is such a beautiful kid. Congrats on having an 8 year old!

Heather said...

Look at your beautiful,handsome boy.Look at those eyes.Aren't boys amazing?

We had our three oldest girls when we were young.Thought we were done and 10 years later started again.When I got pregnant,I would have bet my last dollar that I was having another girl ... and look what God sent me.A darling boy and then another and then ... well,then of course came Zoey.Final count.

Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits from my friends

Blog Archive