She is actually doing quite well. She breast fed for 5 minutes today - I was so proud of her! They took her off her oxygen and she is only getting IV nutrition for 13 hrs per day. So, in the evening we get to hold her without all the extra tubes!
I am feeling pretty stinkin good physically. I feel like I could go for a jog - yet I wont because I know that my body is still healing internally. But, I may pull out my pilates video after the kids are in bed.
Mentally... I am lacking though! It is so draining to drive across town every day and sit in the BORING hospital. One day I leave the kids with someone then feel guilty about it all day so the next day I take them with me (which ends up worse because they are bored and whiney and Kyla throws fits like I have never seen before!) Today I got home from the hospital at 5 pm. Kyla said, "night night" and went straight to bed. Tommy started begging me to play a game with him and then proceded to bounce off the walls and run around, squeal and ignore my multiple attempt to get him to stop!!!
My bandaide for this emotinal wound is... Way too much of this...
I have never been an emotional eater before... in fact I have probably been more of an emotional starver in the past... Not this time!
With all that said... I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of LOVE my family is feeling and receiving!! So many have been helpful! I came home tonight to 2 frozen dinners, 1 hot dinner, fresh bread, 2 bags full of cookies, a pan of squares, a gift for each of my 3 kids, sweet bread, muffins, salad... Wowzers! And that was just tonight. I have received so much from others already! I do not deserve all this, but I will accept it because it lightens my load! THANK YOU!!!
2010 will be a year where I TRY and pay it forward!!!
2010 will be a year where I TRY and pay it forward!!!
Many ask what we need or what they can do... We just need our Macy girl to be home with us! We love her, she is the sweetest wrinkled foot, bunny soft hair, milk breath baby ever!!! WE LOVE HER!!!




12 comments:
Congratulations!!! Macy is adorable. I love her rock star pose under the lights. I hope she gets to come home real soon.
I hated the hospital stays as well, and it is totally normal for kids to act out - hey life would be too easy if they didn't. You are a strong person, adn a great example. I am glad to hear that Macy is doing so well.
Thank you Kathy, for adding your Down 's friends Blog's to your site. I have just spent over an hours going from blog to blog reading about beautiful children and the love and challenges they have. Hey no different than any child, they all come with love and challenges. I found this one and thought of you and the story of Macy's birth. Read it someday.
http://enjoyingthesmallthings.blogspot.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html
Thanks for sharing Macy with us, I look forward to the day that I can hold Macy and feel of her very special bond with our Father in Heaven.
All I can say is...You're AMAZING! Thank you so much for you continuous updates. I have always loved reading your blog but I look forward to the quick updates - especially knowing how busy you are. I know you hear it over and over again but you really do have a beautiful family and how you manage to keep it all together is beyond me. My thoughts are with you and your family for Macy to come home soon so you ALL can resume your life.
I randomly stumbled upon your blog and i'll be sure to keep you and your family in my prayers.
Good luck.
Kathy that is great her surgery is booked and that you can see an end to the hospital stay. I hope she can come home in between. You are so positive and such a great example to me.
Much luck and quick healing for the surgery! You need to get the HECK OUT OF DODGE as we say around here. The hospital stinks, plain and simple. I can't imagine what it is to juggle the other kids while also trying to be at the hospital - Grant was our first so I was able to spend as much time as I wanted everyday there. Grant stayed at UCLA Med Ctr - over two hours from our home - so I started staying with a church member that lived close to the hospital and my husband would come down to be with us on the weekends.
Keep going - she'll be home soon and all this hosptial cr*p will be a memory - though it doesn't feel like it now!
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet daughter - she is adorable! Our son, Brant, is 6 1/2 years old and also has Down syndrome. We also had some challenges with breastfeeding at first but we kept trying and eventually we were successful and he continued to breastfeed til he was 15 months old! Feel free to email me anytime if you'd like to chat: colinkatrina at hotmail dot com or check out our blog: www. mum2brakri.blogspot.com :) It's great to "meet" you!
Hi...I just clicked on your website from facebook after we were connected via other facebook friends. Thanks for the friend request. Macy is so beautiful and I am so proud of you for how well you handled that initial realization that she had Ds. I found out that Ella had Ds when I was still pregnant so we handled that "dark place" early on and were able to truly enjoy her birth. As you are probably already figuring out, there is an amazing support community out there in blogland. My daughter is almost 2 years old and I cannot even begin to tell you the absolute unconditional love I have for her. I did notice when reading through your blog that they were following some things in her blood. Have they mentioned transient myeloproliferative disorder (TMD)? Ella was born with that and we have been following her closely ever since. Let me know if that is something you have to deal with and if you need anyone's brain to pick. You are doing awesome and I pray that Macy gets to come home really soon!! I look forward to following your story.
The fries, burger, chocolate and diet cola all look divine! Do what your body needs right now. Deal with the consequences later!! Come home Macy!
I know you prob know about this and have looked into it, but i do believe there is free or close to free childcare at the hospital for people that are in your type of situation. My friend used it about 3 yrs back. She said it was great, her kids loved it and she would take a break from being with her other child and then take the ones in childcare for lunch spend some time all together then put them back into the childcare. I beleive you do have to call in advance so they have enough workers, but if you havent already thought of it? and if they still offer it. might help! plus even though you dont know me (I am becka's sis in law) our family has been praying for you as well!
you do deserve it!!!! Just accept it as it will make your life easier right now. It will get beter!! I can't wait for you to bring Macy home! I am still just loving her ... I want to see her again!
Post a Comment