Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Plan "B"

I have decided that I am confusing my sweet baby Macy!!

It is VITAL right now that she gain weight and get ready for surgery!

So... I am holding off on breast feeding (for her sake and mine).

For now, and until surgery is done and she is home and comfy cozy, she will enjoy my sweet delicious breast milk through a bottle (no harm done).

Than when she is comfortable and home, we will start breast feeding.

In a stress free, relaxing and loving environment... with my friend Lara who is a Lactation Specialist!

Ahhh, breathing a sigh of relief!

On a side note...

Tommy flew to Texas today to spend the weekend with his dad. I hope he has a great time and gets a break from this craziness for a few days! We will miss you though buddy!

Kyla "SCREAMED" the entire way home from the hospital ( she is so tired and out of her routine)! So, when we got home, I took her straight upstairs, stripped her down to her diaper, massaged her legs, feet, back and face with baby lotion. I told her I loved her a billion times! She said, "Night Night Daddy's bed." I gave her a pacifier and lied her on my soft bed with the new clean pottery barn sheets and she rolled right over, closed her eyes and started rubbing her ears!

We're going to be okay!!! No, wait... we are going to be GREAT!!!

6 comments:

Kristy Tanner said...

Of course you are going to be GREAT!

I know the breast feeding is sort of sad to you but I can assure you she will be no worse off! I know as a mom of a new born you beat yourself up over it but in hindsight it really is not the end of the world. You need to do what works for both of you! I nursed my first two for a year and Hennessy only 6 months. I had mastitis and everything else that could go wrong did.
So she had formula for 6 months and you know what she turned out just great. Macy will be just fine!!

Unknown said...

Kathy you are amazing. You really seem to have great perspective through this all. You are such an example. I can't wait for her to be home with you and your family.

Emily said...

Plan B sounds fabulous! You are right... you ARE going to be great!

donaldquackers said...

How could it turn out any other way than great. I'm sending hugs your way that you will have a wonderful Valentines weekend with with your 2 little girls and hubby.

kecia said...

i may have missed it...but what is the surgery she will be having. My daughter who has downs syndroem will turn 3 on feb. 19 so I will be thinking of you.Hang in there and I hope you can bring you sweet angel home soon!

Jennie said...

Oh, Kathy, I know those feelings well. It stinks to not be able to breastfeed your sweet baby girl. But you're right... it's good to do what you can to get her stronger for her surgery.

I pray for you that she'll be able to come home before her surgery. But if she doesn't, here's an upside... she'll get to stay in the loving care of the NICU through her surgery recovery. Once she leaves the hospital, she'll have to come back for surgery and recover on a general floor, which is not always a bad thing, but I think you'll get a lot more personal focus in the NICU. Her eating post-op is going to be critical to getting her home quickly, and I think you'll have more help readily available to you in the NICU than on a general floor. It might be a good thing to ask her surgeon (and the neonatologist, for that matter).

Blessings to you and your sweet family!

Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits from my friends

Blog Archive