I am not as good at keeping everyone informed when things aren't going ANYWHERE!
I promise I will post about the surgery one of these days.
Macy is not handling her feeds yet. It is just sitting in her tummy and making her upset. So they keep stopping them. I am not sure why she is not digesting it and have been racking my brain about it.
The most frustrating this is... we can't take her home until she is handling food and pooping.
It's almost 2 pm and I am still waiting for the doctors to do their rounds and decide what to do for her.
Any suggestions on whats going on from any DS parents???
Kewpie
2 days ago
7 comments:
That's awful Kathy! Hopefully you get some suggestions!
No idea. How frustrating. We had heart issues, but luckily no feeding issues. Praying you will get it figured out soon!
I don't know either. Morgan was on ng tube feeds until after her heart surgery and couldn't hold down very much at a time either but I think they chalked that up to congestive heart failure. I hope you get some answers soon. You just need to get baby Macy home!
I wish I had some advice or answers for you! We did not have feeding issues with our Macy, just heart surgery. I hope and pray that things turn around for your sweet girl soon, she needs to be home with her family!
we're praying for her everyday ... we love you!
Have they tried smaller amounts? different types of formula? feeding further down the line (in the intestines with an NJ tube)?
I'm no GI expert of course, but sounds like maybe she has some type of lower GI issues. Children with DS mostly have heart issues, but the next common issue is GI abnormalities. That was my son's problem, though it was upper GI (esophogus). Maybe they'll try the tube that goes directing to the intestines (nJ is think it is?)
So sorry. Every little hiccup, big or small, that delays going home feels like a mountain - I know.
Post a Comment