It was so good that I was at the hospital all day today. I met with ALL of her doctors.

Genetic Doctor - Came to tell me that tomorrow they will have the results on what type of Down Syndrome she has and answer more questions.
Primary Care Doctor - He is the one bringing all the doctors together and always spends a lot of time explaining things to me and listening to my opinion.
Hematology Doctor - He is monitoring her blood work. She is having some elevated white blood cells and decreased platelets. So they have to watch for that to correct itself. If not, they may do a bone marrow aspiration. They also had blood taken from me today to check it against Macy's.
GI Doctor - He is dealing with her Colon. Yes, it is confirmed that she has Hirschsprung Disease (which means the last part of her colon is missing the nerves which cause it to push out poop), so she will need to have that section removed. But he wants her to start eating to gain weight and we will be giving her 2 enema's a day to help her get rid of her poop. She pooped about 6 times today... on her own! It was so exciting!
Resident - Is monitoring her biliruben levels and decided to put her under a light for the night. She has a little bit or jaundice (yellow tint to skin) which is quite common in all babies. Especially when they are born early and their liver is fully functioning yet. It is an easy and quick thing to fix. Here is a picture of her under the light, getting a tan and chillin like a rock star!


So things are looking up! I am so excited to watch her eat! I got to hold her today quite a bit. She had her tube removed from her mouth so that is GREAT! I hope she can handle these feeds so I can try and breast feed her!!! Thanks for all your prayers everyone! They are being answered!!
Genetic Doctor - Came to tell me that tomorrow they will have the results on what type of Down Syndrome she has and answer more questions.
Primary Care Doctor - He is the one bringing all the doctors together and always spends a lot of time explaining things to me and listening to my opinion.
Hematology Doctor - He is monitoring her blood work. She is having some elevated white blood cells and decreased platelets. So they have to watch for that to correct itself. If not, they may do a bone marrow aspiration. They also had blood taken from me today to check it against Macy's.
GI Doctor - He is dealing with her Colon. Yes, it is confirmed that she has Hirschsprung Disease (which means the last part of her colon is missing the nerves which cause it to push out poop), so she will need to have that section removed. But he wants her to start eating to gain weight and we will be giving her 2 enema's a day to help her get rid of her poop. She pooped about 6 times today... on her own! It was so exciting!
Resident - Is monitoring her biliruben levels and decided to put her under a light for the night. She has a little bit or jaundice (yellow tint to skin) which is quite common in all babies. Especially when they are born early and their liver is fully functioning yet. It is an easy and quick thing to fix. Here is a picture of her under the light, getting a tan and chillin like a rock star!
So things are looking up! I am so excited to watch her eat! I got to hold her today quite a bit. She had her tube removed from her mouth so that is GREAT! I hope she can handle these feeds so I can try and breast feed her!!! Thanks for all your prayers everyone! They are being answered!!
Don't laugh at my expression... I was watching jeopardy!
13 comments:
glad things are looking up. I know how wonderful/overwhelming it is to have all those doctors in your life.
We're still praying for you!
MY GOODNESS! She is seriously ADORABLE! Good Luck! We're praying for you!
She makes me SMILE! She is super adorable!!!
She is precious, I am glad you got to spend an entire day there with her. Please let me know if I can do anything to help. You are in our prayers.
I am so glad that you are in such good hands. The doctors at the Childrens are amazing. I can't wait to meet Macy. She is beautiful. Can we have Kyla over to play with coco? I can't get ahold of you.
love seeing pictures of her. so cute in all of them. that's a lot of doctor's, but good you were there and that you have your nursing background to understand it all...:)
we're praying for all of you. especially little Macy
Oh, I just love her and can't wait to snuggle her again!
Hey Kathy,...it's Danielle Bryan....just dropping in to say how jealous I am. Macy is so stinkin cute I wanna eat her! you and Barry are so lucky to be parents of such a perfect soul, just as David and I are when our first was born, even though he left us quickly. keep up the good work, she is looking great and you are in our prayers for her to get home as soon as possible!
Great updates. Praying for you!
Wow I am so glad I came to your Blog - hello all my question were answered and I truly admire you girl! Give lil Macy a hug from me she truly is a precious gift from Heavenly Father!
Aw - what a cute picture of her! You look pretty amazing yourself! What a sweetie you have.
Just stopping by to say congratulations on your newest little bundle. I have an almost-1-year-old that has Ds as well- feel free to stop by and visit us. It is a beautiful journey and your little Macy is precious!
Hi! I was just sent this way via my friend Heather ... ohhh my goodness, your baby girl is soo precious!! I love that first pic of her sweet little face!
I suppose I should introduce myself ... I'm Bethany, mom to 3 kiddos, 2 with Down syndrome -- one of which is adopted from Russia. :)
Post a Comment