Last year on my birthday I watched this movie. This year on my birthday ( and today) I read the book.I call this post perception because I think this story brings to light that our PERCEPTION of other people or some circumstances may not be what they really are. I think it is natural as people to not be able to fully understand each other, but I don't think that is an excuse for the way we treat each other sometimes!!!
At the end of the novel the author writes a bit of an explanation for his reasons in writing the book. I want to quote the last paragraph, I hope it makes you think like it made me think!
"Fences such as the one in the heart of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas still exist; it is unlikely that they will ever fully disappear. But whatever reaction you have to this story, I hope that the voices of Bruno and Shmuel will continue to resonate with you as they have with me. The lost voices must continue to be heard; their untold stories must continue to be recounted. For they represent the ones who didn't live to tell their stories themselves."
No comments:
Post a Comment