Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dr. Oz's Ultimate Health Challange

I'm going to try this!

I know they say don't diet when you are pregnant, well this isn't a diet. It is called eating more healthy, which is what you should do when pregnant :)

I worry that losing the baby weight after # 3 is going to be harder, so I am going to start now at getting ready to eat better! I wouldn't say I am a unhealthy eater per se, but I do have my fair share of candy and french fries! I also think it will help me feel more energetic!

So if you are interested in doing it with me, here are the guidelines. http://www.doctoroz.com/challenge/dr-ozs-ultimate-health-challenge

Eat 3 main meals a day.
Each meal must have protein, fiber, and whole grains
Protein: lean meat and fish
Fiber: peas, beans, fruits, vegetables, potato skins, whole grain foods and flax seed
Whole grains: brown rice, oatmeal, popcorn, whole-wheat bread, pasta, crackers and wild rice

Take a multi-vitamin every day, once a day.
You can have 3 healthy snacks a day (morning, afternoon and evening.)

Some examples of healthy snacks are: apples, almonds, walnuts, edamame, vegetables, low-fat yogurt and cottage cheese. You may have dessert every other day – but that means no evening snack!

The kitchen closes at 8pm. No exceptions!
Avoid the following foods: added sugar, simple carbohydrates, fructose, trans fats, saturated fats, any flour that is not 100% whole grain or 100% whole wheat.


The workouts wont be as intense since I am pregnant, but I could do more than I currently am!

1 comment:

Heather May said...

Good luck. That sounds great. I am just restricting sugar in my diet right now, and I've managed to not gain any weight yet with this baby. which is amazing b/c I put on 60 with each of the boys and 35 with Harlee. I started with my sister and it has been a great motivator. We keep each other on track. She is also pg and due the same day as me and hasn't put on any weight either. This should be so good for you and your baby! I'm excited to see how you do! Good luck!

Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits from my friends

Blog Archive