Friday, July 24, 2009

Any Pointers?

I am determined not to let my butt get out of control this pregnancy! :) I gained forty pounds with both my kids so far. I think that is actually a healthy amount of weight gain, but when I am honest with myself, I know that a lot of the chocolate and overeating and not exercising made for an harder comeback after! Plus, when you can't fit your backside into your elastic or drawstring scrub pants... it's a problem :)

So, I went to the gym for the first time this summer. I have been slacking, mostly because my year of free childcare ended :( Anyway, I did weights and then part of a spin class. I ended up feeling good, but super nauseous! I don't want that to stop me from working out. I see so many cute pregnant ladies with perfect bodies and big watermelon tummy's at the gym. If they can do it, so can I! Any Pointers for good prego workouts or what to do to prepare so I don't get nausea?
On a side note, I am so so sad that Janette is off SYTYCD. Big Huge Bummer!

3 comments:

Lahni said...

I know the feeling, I gained 65 lbs with my second. Yikes! That was hard to work off...
Have you ever taken diclectin? I can't survive without it. Even so, I couldn't work out in my first trimester. I've just gotten back into it in the last few weeks.
My nausea is always most manageable first thing in the morning so this is when I work out. If there is a time of day when you usually feel sick, you should avoid working out at that time.

Tulips and Vegetables said...

I don't have tips I gained 55 with both of mine if you find the secret let me know!

Anonymous said...

Just wishing you the best - no good tips here either:) I always have grandiose plans to work out when I'm pregnant but then that nausea kicks me in the butt and I'm out. I know a lot of people LOVE prenatal yoga - I kept planning to do that too...

Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits from my friends

Blog Archive