This morning Bright and Early...5:30. Barry and I woke up to head downtown with some friends. (thanks again for everyone showing up, I know it was early!!!) We served Breakfast to the masses at the Calgary Drop-in and Rehab Center. When we were finished and leaving... all the homeless people there were applauding us and saying thank you and Merry Christmas. It was so touching to see how much they appreciate a simple meal! It makes me realize what we take for granted! That is why I love Christmas... it's a yearly reminder to-love one another
-help those in need
-count our blessing
-give of our time, talents or money
-value the most important things on this earth...our families
-and most importantly...remember our Savior, who came to the world to sacrifice FOR US!!! He loves us all equally and wants us all to be happy and return to him!!
I am so thankful for this yearly reminder!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment