***Caution, Not suitable for children , or children at heart, under the age of 8***
When I was 8 years old, my mother took me in her room alone and explained to me that Santa was not real. I was SOOO upset! I actually thought she was lying to me. I just knew I had seen rudolfs red nose up in the sky one Christmas Eve night!!! After a while of convincing... I finally believed her, but very sadly I might say. I think a part of my "childhood magic" died that day :(
Later she explained to me that Santa can live in us, as we do for others during the holidays. I really believe that is true! I know that a lot of people feel like Santa is a Comercialized thing... But I think Santa exemplifies all things good. Santa is loving, charitable, fair, honost, hard working, JOLLY, and so much more. He is everything we all want to teach our children to be. I like to think of Santa as being Christlike, and I think we are all better people when we still believe!! Believe that we are all capable of having those same qualities. Believe that we will all benefit from Faith and Hope. Believe that if we keep that "childhood magic" in our lives, that we will go farther and be happier... Why not!!!
Here are my kids with santa :)
-Tommy told him he wanted Bakugans ( yes, got that the other day!) and a Star Wars Helmet ( got that too!) I'm just doing the pick-up and delivery for santa... He has so many kids to worry about!
-Kyla just wants to be loved :) and of course play with santa's hat!!

6 comments:
Hey there its Ashley! thanks for leaving me a comment it was good to hear from you! your family is so cute and you all seem so happy! well my friends mom told me that santa wasn't real when i was in 3rd grade! it crushed me! i was also convinced that i had heard the elves helping santa one christmas eve night! so sad!
well see ya keep in touch!
Oh, Kathy, I absolutely love this. I always feel like I am lying when I talk to my kids about Santa, but this just puts a whole new perspective on it. Thanks!
I can clearly remember the day I saw Santa's sleigh flying in the sky early one Christmas morning... No joke! I still can't believe that I could have imagined it because it was SO REAL!
I will NEVER not *believe*
: )
I love that, and I am totally going to use that when Evan discovers the truth!
This is the best post! I agree 150%! I just read a book called "I believe in Santa Clause" to my kids last night. It basically says what you wrote in this post, talks about all the wonderful qualities of Santa and how he is a symbol of Christmas, and these good symbols of Christmas remind us of Christ and how to be Christlike. I love Santa too!
-Sometimes I don't realize I'm logged into Jess's acct and post in his name, if that happens again it's me!
Post a Comment